We're partnering with two local universities to establish National Centres in the North East of Scotland.
The National Centres represent a multi-million pound investment to tackle current and future challenges in decommissioning and subsea engineering with world-class research and development, in partnership with industry.
The National Decommissioning Centre is being established with the University of Aberdeen and will work with industry to develop and deploy technology that delivers cost-effective decommissioning at the end of field life, and during oil and gas production operations, including ‘small piece’ decommissioning techniques.
We're partnering with Robert Gordon University and industry to establish a National Subsea Centre. More information on this will be announced shortly.
Our National Centres offer:
- Tailored research: Bespoke approach to tackle key industry specific challenges
- Academic talent: Access to the brightest and best PhDs and MSCs
- Dedicated workspace: Secure research environment for long-term projects
- Collaboration space: State-of-the-art technology and solutions to help drive your R&D activity
- Expert facilitation: Workshops and events to overcome barriers, unlock solution and drive projects forward
- Testing and trials: In the lab and offshore using cutting edge equipment to increase the pace of projects
The Centres will connect R&D institutions and innovation centres across the UK, multiply the capability of universities and other organisations, such as the UK Catapult, and develop a world-class supply chain that delivers for the UK and internationally
Want to get involved with the National Centres? Then get in touch, we want to hear from you!