Calls for Ideas
Throughout the year, we run ‘Calls for Ideas’ where we seek innovative ideas and concepts to tackle specific industry challenges.
Open Calls for Ideas
More than 600 of the active wells in the UKCS are stock shut-in, which is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate these wells and improve recovery factors for these fields.
Our latest 'Call for Ideas' is seeking innovative technology concepts that will allow well integrity and water production to be addressed, along with developing downhole power technology to allow for data gathering and downhole activation without the cost of intervening the well. We are also looking for ways of deploying existing technology in a more cost effective and simpler way, reducing equipment and personnel requirements.
We’re focused on three themes that will help unlock the huge opportunity from shut-in wells:
- Downhole Power Generation and Storage
- Downhole Isolation – Water/Gas Shut Off and Downhole Safety Valves
- Reducing the Cost of Well Entry
Your technology ideas should actively support our ‘Maximise Production’ initiative, which aims for 100% time online.
Submit your idea
Taking part is a really simple process and only an outline of an idea is required at this stage.
- Register on the 'Call for Ideas' portal to submit an idea: https://goo.gl/vNHaXZ
- Click here to download the Call for Ideas technical information, which includes a description of the three themes.
If you have any questions, require additional information or briefing, please email email@example.com.
Upcoming Calls for Ideas
We'll be launching new 'Call for Ideas' in 2019 - keep a look out here for what's to come!
In review Calls for Ideas
- smart Communications subsea
- Corrosion under insulation
- Well construction
- Life support for decommissioning
- Machine learning to identify hydrocarbon opportunities