Calls for Ideas
Throughout the year, we run ‘Calls for Ideas’ where we seek innovative ideas and concepts to tackle specific industry challenges.
Open Calls for Ideas
Call for Ideas: Revitalising Exploration
We have launched a 'Call for Ideas' to find innovative technology concepts for ‘Revitalising Exploration’ that will help us take a seismic shift towards halving the lifecycle time and cost of exploration.
We're focused on three themes that will help maximise the economic recovery of hydrocarbons from the UKCS:
- Reducing the timeframe to process data
- Seeing clearly under the seabed through improved imaging and reservoir characterisation
- Affordable exploration ocean bottom seismic
Your technology ideas should actively support our ‘Discover More’ initiative, which is aligned to the OGA’s ‘Technology Leadership Board’ objectives and Vision 2035, which aims for an additional generation of 4.1 billion boe prospects and leads over the next 16 years.
Download the ‘Call for Ideas’ info, which includes a full description of our three themes, this can be found in the portal here.
Register on the Ideas Portal to submit an idea: http://bit.ly/2CYO77I
Want to know more?
Upcoming Calls for Ideas
We'll be launching new 'Call for Ideas' throughout 2019 - keep a look out here for what's to come!
In review Calls for Ideas
- smart Communications subsea
- Corrosion under insulation
- Well construction
- Life support for decommissioning
- Machine learning to identify hydrocarbon opportunities
- Restoring Shut-in Wells