Mike Smith, CEO, NECCUS
NECCUS is leading an Innovate UK and industry-funded partnership, developing a roadmap to net zero for the Scottish industrial cluster on the East Coast of Scotland, an area which represents 80% of the country’s industry emissions.
Phase one1 of the project is complete, and with phase two expected to commence in January 2021 it will establish pathways to deliver industrial decarbonisation infrastructure around:
- Blue and green hydrogen
- CO2 capture across different industrial sectors
- CO2 and hydrogen networks
- CO2 storage sites
- CO2 shipping and port infrastructure
- BECCS (Bio-energy with Carbon Capture and Storage)
- DAC(Direct Air Capture)
- CO2 utilisation, The company’s strong commitment to stakeholder engagement will ensure it understands industry needs and issues
-Its energy system modelling approach, supported by technology assessment and engineering studies will provide the tools required
- The scenario analysis will show how individual strategies will (or will not) achieve net-zero, and identify the key issues to do so
So the focus is to provide the tools, evidence and context so that companies have the knowledge and confidence to make the right decisions. Coupled with ongoing decarbonising projects across Scotland, the company expects the roadmap to define the investments crucial to delivering net zero for Scotland by 2045.
What is Tech20 Virtual?
Tech20 features world-leading experts, exploring the latest tech trends, asking big questions and sharing big ideas. Tech20 is a social showcase for speakers presenting technology focused topics. A unique format. 20-minute presentation, 20-minute Q&A. Tech20s aim to inspire & innovate, discover new or surprising technologies, challenge technologies and release the spark within! Our weekly Tech20 events are open to everyone of all ages, from all industries and professions and are free to attend.
The OGTC is committed to protecting the personal information which it collects and processes.
This virtual event is being recorded and may be broadcast in video or audio format at a later date