Culture of Innovation
Unfortunately we couldn’t provide work experience and intern opportunities in our office this summer...
After sharing our ideas with Skills Development Scotland, Career Ready, Developing the Young Workforce, North East Scotland College, Robert Gordon University, the University of Aberdeen and Opito... we decided to do something about it: introducing Inspire20!
Inspire20 is an online programme of inspiring educational and career talks. The aim of these sessions are to:
- Help young people (ages 16-24) understand the energy transition and the exciting careers available
- Support a sustainable talent pipeline for the energy sector
- Showcase our diverse and inclusive staff and their career journeys
- Create a sense of community for young people
Check out the 2020 schedule below which also includes the Zoom links. Remember, if there's anything you'd like to see, feel free to contact us!
08/07 - Career Inspiration: Net zero
22/07 - Career Inspiration: Entrepreneurial spirit/cleantech
05/08 - Career Inspiration: Renewable industry
12/08 - Career Inspiration: Data Analyst
19/08 - Career Inspiration: Finance
26/08 - Career Inspiration: IT and systems
02/09 - Career Inspiration: HR
09/09 - Career Inspiration: Marketing & communications/events
16/09 - Career Inspiration: Legal
23/09 - Masterclass: Finding/applying for work
30/09 - Masterclass: Interview process
Like Inspire20? Check out these other useful resources...
- Our Energy Future – a resource for teachers, includes lessons plans.
- My Oil and Gas Career – a resource for pupils, includes a quiz to discover the ideal role, case studies and fun facts!
- My world of work - a career information and advice website brought to you by Skills Development Scotland. The site is designed to support everyone develop their career management skills
- Life Skills Barclays - LifeSkills works with teachers, parents and businesses to help young people build a job-hunting tooldbox, identify skills, gain experience and more...